Welcome back!

Glad you are here! Lets make most of our journey together! Respond to me with your questions, or comments or somethings you want to share with us!

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

On This Women's Day Things That Matter to me as a Woman

I am writing a note

To myself, on occasion

Of Women’s Day, international

I am not creating

Anything new

Nothing artistic

Only plain talk with

My being, still here.

Am I sad that still,

On this day of the year

In the twenty first century

I am washing vessels

From yesterday and

A day before, may be..

That I am looking like

I  need a lot of personal care

Yet to stay afresh and afloat

Decades since I ever gave a care

To the stuff I could never part

Or does it really matter

That I am alive and living…

Each year, I do the same

Wash every spoon or plate

Lying in the sink from before

And I get tired and would want to rest, but have to just

Restart all over again

And again, everyday as I as m alive

Why bother, you ask

If all I do is toil

As if I know nothing at all

I may not have to say

That I am cleaning them

Bowls and dishes, that

Very kindly soaked and stored

Batter for idlis for some needy

Families that local charities care

And I just did my civic duty

To volunteer as they take care

Of the families visiting the city

Perhaps to take care of them as they may be waiting for a change, that may bring about

A shining new day and spirit

A bright new morning while that night

They do not need to go hungry,

If they can care for the ones at home,

In distress or need or seeking help

So they can wake up strong

In their commitments and

Efforts in creating a stronger bond

With society and people

Knowing that they gave a new life

And hope to live, strive and see others thrive,

As their needs are addressed

As if they are theirs own,

They are giving life even to the ones, who give them their time,

Because life is all about interdependence,

Even if I am discarded, or not,

I still want to belong to someone in helping them heal their heart

Who may need me but then

I need them more to make a reason

For me to claim the air I breath

Every second I stay alive,

As though given and not even

Thinking or thanking

The mother and earth that bore me

I realize, I owe more than

What I can ever offer anyone

Without a blessing from them,

Nothing ever would!

So, all my mothers and mother earth

Have a Happy Women’s  Day!

You make the world possible

Each day and every day hence

Many thanks to you,

My friend, for reading and listening!

Nyla my friend, again,

Thanks for asking me to read and  send,

So these simple things,

Matter to me most,

Because it is them

Not me, that matter most

And give me life,

I do not take time,

They give me life and meaning

To strive, exist and learn and inspire! May your muse always glow in your creation!

Oh yes, my Muse, is all of you,

This beautiful morning or day,

Night or this pleasant evening!

Happy Women’s Day y'all!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment